There is a dog in my next Milan Jacovich novel, Win, Place, or Die, who needs a name.
The dog is a strange-looking fella with short legs and a chunky body (like a Welsh corgi) and a head like a wolf (well, more like a German shepherd). His name used to be “Booger” but for reasons I won’t divulge right now, he needs a new name.
With suggestions from local animal organizations, I’ve put together a list of names and I’m asking you to vote for your favorite:
There’s a little backstory to each of the names:
- Savvy is named for a special dog at his facility. He can do about 25 tricks including playing the piano and moonwalking!
- Herbie is named for a special dog at his facility;
- Watson reminds us of Sherlock Holmes’ friend, Dr Watson;
- Eliot is the first name of legendary law enforcement agent Eliot Ness;
- Marlowe refers to Philip Marlowe, fictional detective from the popular Raymond Chandler novels
The name with the most votes at 5:00 pm on Thur May 23, 2013 will be declared the winner.
As an added bonus, a $200 donation from the Petco Foundation will be given to the animal organization attached to the winning name.
Vote today, and please share with all your friends!